View Single Post
Old 24th January 2011, 18:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H-T View Post
Peak Rail's Plan is to run into the disused platform at Matlock and for the footbridge to be modified to allow access. I notice from Wyvern's photo that clearance work has begun, the platform was very heavily overgrown when I last looked a couple of months ago. The only draw back is that a shunter will have to be stationed at Matlock to release the coaches to the loop to release the train engine. An added cost and time consuming. NR are not keen on trains being propelled in and out of the platform, even if there are no passengers on board. I believe that there is still a lot of discussion needed to work out exactly how everything will work. In the meantime Peak Rail Trains will continue to terminate at Riverside.

Best wishes,

John H-T.

John an alternative method would be to use a second proper loco rather than shunting duties just alternate loco's so the first would uncouple run into the loop AFTER the train has left wait for it to return then re-join the train at the other end
OK it could mean two loco's in steam or have one diesel operating which can be shut down between turns

All hypothetical of course

https://www.flickr.com/gp/grays_photos/6P1643