View Single Post
Old 12th September 2010, 22:15

was bit bored today,so as its sunday with nothing much to do-i thought i would go to altrincham on the tram,as i use the tram to victoria regularly ive noticed the poles going up on smedley viaduct ready for the wires,at an alarming rate it seems,also some of the track,anyway was going past old trafford,the line curves away ready for the new line to chorlton,and a big metrolink depot nearly built,with new trams stabled along side it,its amazed me how quick these lines and depot have been built,[well done metrolink]was on my driving test in failsworth last week[which i passed]and passed failsworth station,theres a new bridge and lifts installed already,anyway as i got to altrincham-which is a lovely town,seemed to be shut,few shops open and a few shoppers about,so returned to manchester on metrolink and got off at cornbrook,i then joined the canal which i walked along into manchester alongside the rail and tram lines,a lovely walk and ended up on oxford road,not far from the station,a good day out