View Single Post
Old 7th February 2009, 09:26

The Aberdeen/Inverness/Fort William one is I believe 14 coaches. 6 to Aberdeen, 6 to Inverness and 2 to Fort William. At Edinburgh, where it splits, the lounge car and seated sleeper coach are attached to the two berth coaches to run on a normal passenger train (by which I mean you can buy Edinburgh to Fort William tickets for it in the seated sleeper) and leaves at 0450. Going to Fort William as far as Edinburgh, passengers are required to share the seated sleeper portion of the Inverness sleeper where a change is required.

Not wishing to be too pickie as this is a little bit wrong.

The Edin Wav to Aberdeen normally does have 6 coaches formed of 4 sleepers a lounge and the seating coach/guards van hauled by a 67.

The Edin Wav to Fort Bill I believe has 4 coaches 2 sleepers a lounge and the seats/guards van hauled b a 67

The Edin Wav to Inverness IS normally 8 coaches 6 sleepers a lounge and the seats/guards van this past week being hauled by 67011 Mon and Tue, 67019 on Wed and 67009 on Thurs and Fri I know this as I was driving the thing.
Wed and Thurs we brought up 9 coaches with the extra 1 having just come off tyre turning etc to be brought back into service from Inverness CSMD.

So coming off Lon EU that would make the train to Edin wav formed of 18 coaches hauled by the 90.

Les