View Single Post
Old 24th April 2011, 01:14

I've been taking a look at some of the other DCC suppliers Farren and for the same price as the Saphire you can get much better. Still pricey I know but they are regular 8 pin only (like most steam loco's are) unlike the Saphire which is a 21 pin chip with a detachable 8 pin plug to 21 pin socket lead, which doubles the price! The adaptor lead is not sold seperatley..........I wonder why.

The competitors offer many other functions like lights, firebox flicker, and RailCom for the same price so I know I'm going next.

I'm presently working on (when time permits) an old tender drive 8F, the loco appearance is very good but the pick up from the track was dire given the rubber tyres etc. I've got a new set of insulated wheels (no tyres) for the tender and fitted them, the next job is to fit some pick-ups to it. The decoder is in the loco so I have to wire to and from there to finish it off. It should be a loco reborn when finished which is what maddens me by H & B's actions.

P.S. Everyone should be-aware that later wheels without rubber tyres are available for the LMS 3F Jinty 0-6-0, and will probably fit other 0-6-0's as well.

Last edited by Resolution; 24th April 2011 at 01:29.