View Single Post
Old 21st April 2011, 01:40

Forgive me Madcaravanner, I will have to come back to you on the details. He DID make the point that it was for PLASTIC only! This is because chemical reactions take place which wouldn't work on card. But I wondered whether (for instance) What would happen if card was first sprayed with a coating of Acrylic paint first.

As I remember for a weathered sandstone effect, a dark oak wood colour I think he said was painted all over the plastic sheet and left to dry. Then, an acrylic paint spray of mmmmh! I think green or grey is sprayed on lightly whilst holding the sheet at eye level, edge on, spraying very lightly across the surface. Leave to dry. The final application was a light wood colouring.....DABBED ON.....NOT BRUSHED! and wait to dry.

The surface bubbles up it seems and creates those nice green areas of moss etc drying to a textured finish which was shear magic.

He had scratch built a complete village in sandstone and applied similar treatments the slate roofs as well.

I do have the progs on HDD, if you can give an address (any convenient to you will do) and any name you like I'll be glad to burn them for you to DVD and send them along to you.

Did anyone else see this programme? "Model Town".....

AFTERTHOUGHT!

How do I change my details so that Emails can be passed on to me?.........Help!
UPDATE!
Madcaravanner....I think, hope, fingers crossed that I've just enabled you to contact me via the site. RES.

Last edited by Resolution; 21st April 2011 at 02:05.