View Single Post
Old 21st October 2008, 23:03

Not another Geordie!

Evening All,

Yes i'm afraid you've attracted another Geordie but i'm sure you know we're not all as bad as Ant & Dec.

As a small boy I was very unenthusiastically dragged round a whole succession of restored railways during various family holidays and found nothing of any real interest to me. So after 20+ years of ignoring my fathers fond memories of steam locomotion i've managed to go and get mysef interested all on my own after promiing to research our family tree. In particular I would like to find out more about my Grandfather who worked for LNER most of his life from cleaner up to driver.

You guessed it, i'm after some assistance but i'll post that tomorrow as i'm knackered after work. Apologies in advance for the large pile of questions I will be asking that will have been asked many times before.

I live in the rather enviable position about halfway between Tanfield and Beamish so there's plenty to feed my new interest. I may also pay a little visit to Shildon at the weekend if my better half is feeling inclined to go along with it.

That's the problem with working on computers all day ... I can write a pile of waffle in minutes! So ... Hello!