View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2018, 16:39

My birthing into the wondrous world of steel behemoths thundering down the rail was born at age 8. The Cumbrian nuclear flask trains (back then hauled by a pair of twenties) were right on the other side of the school fence. I was fascinated. The noise, the power, the fact that I could feel the ground shaking minutes before they thundered past. that's what got me hooked.

As per usual, my interest dropped through my teen years, not with girls or beer, but with war machines. I forgot all about trains.
But last year, October, my significant other asked me "hey, weren't you into trains when you were younger?" A question she came to regret asking.
She suggested we go check out the local model railway exhibition. A single layout caught my eyes. A fifteen foot long HO swiss mountain pass, and that was that, i picked up a small starter set right there and then for £20, not even bothered if it worked.

I got home and plugged it in, and with a buzz and a grind, it came to life. And then it was 4AM and I had no idea where the time went. Now I attend a club, I go to any expo I can and I spend a healthy portion of my free time at the platform edge with my camera.