View Single Post
Old 20th June 2010, 19:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo View Post
I don't know what depot you are or were at, but its obviously a lot worse than at Thornaby. The lads there are all pretty happy with the job and have very few gripes with their current managemen
I can certainly agree with HM181 in his assessment of the situation that arose after "privatisation",I was a Driver at Saltley which was an RfD depot,and to be honest it was a pleasure to come to work(RfD was the last BR TOC)however when EWS took us over in 1998 it all changed for the worst !
It all however revolved around the management, if you can call them that !,the main problem being that nearly all the ex BR/RfD managers either retired or left the company,so did a lot of drivers !Which meant that we were in the clutches of "amateurs"who were only interested in "clawing" their way up the ladder,and personal gain.To call them "managers" is a travesty,so the rot set in,it was no longer a pleasure to come to work and I for one couldn't wait to get out,which I did thankfully by taking early retirement in 2006.
At that time I felt really sorry for the poor lads with a few years to do,and I still do,but possibly now that DBS have taken over things may hopefully improve,they can't get any worse !