View Single Post
Old 19th August 2010, 22:17

i used to travel on a 142 from man vic to stalybridge,the train was like a cattle truck even then,everyone squashed near the doors even though you could stand in the aisle,why do people do this?must admit though,i do stand near the doors on the bury tram,only because ive been unable to get to get off at crumpsall,and then the tram pulls out before you can reach the doors,i then end up at bowker vale,anyway back to northern,i think northern are a good operator,the trains are ancient[granted]but in man vics case-the staff are friendly,ive also seen more than once,the dispatch fella on platform 5 knocking on the windows and telling passengers to move along the carriage and away from the doors,if your train was so overcrowded it shouldnt have been allowed to leave,what route was this on?in the late 90s i used to get a 2 carriage train from man picc to nottingham-then central trains,a 158 used to come into picc,it was standing all the way to sheffield,then again on the way back from notts to chesterfield[if you were lucky]sometimes to sheffield again,i must admit it was nice getting rail vouchers from them after i had a good moan,anyway after that i got on at oxford road and stood until picc then dived into the nearest seat,northern compared to them are great.