View Single Post
Old 19th November 2008, 20:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul miller View Post
I have a mate who lives in Hornsby, north of Sydney. He went in 1966, and we had to send photographs of each other so we did'nt walk past each other at the airport. We climbed the harbour bridge together and the years just rolled back. Very special time.
We also went to Melbourne and Perth whilst we where there. Beautiful country, fabulous people.
Coming back to the layout, did you do the photography? They are superb.
Paul.
Hi there Paul, I know Hornsby quite well and was pleased to hear you had a good time in Oz, ha ha one of the few to climb the Harbour Bridge great I have never done it.

Regarding the lighting of the layout it is located in a 10ft x 5ft steel shed, I lined the inside walls with 1 inch thick Styrofoam sheet that is used for refrigeration this was painted white, I have one 2 foot and one 3 foot Fluorescent Light that gives me a nice bright place to work with the advantage of having good reflective light for photographs no flash necessary, the camera was a well used Lumix FZ5 set to aperture priority f8 and I used the self timer and let the camera do its own thing, how digital has made things easy these days.

David.