View Single Post
Old 5th July 2008, 22:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66521 View Post
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your responses. I've just been having a snoop around this site and I was wondering - do members typically post photos in 'my gallery' or one of the forum galleries, or direct link from another site (eg. fotopic?)

I just created an album in my gallery and stuck a couple of photos in there to see how it works. What's the difference between my gallery and the main forum galleries?

As for the 66's, yes, I just got 66728 yesterday at Stratford which was nice. But I have a long way to go yet. I think I'm on 277 at the moment....
Hello Darryl and welcome to the forum.
Generally members are encouraged to post pictures in the Railwayforum gallery and not just link from a Fotopic or similar site.
When posting to the gallery you should put your photo into one or other of the specific categories. "My gallery" is just a quick link to all of your photos irrespective of which category you placed them in and shouldn't be used as a separate category. Hope that makes sense.

If you do want to inform members of an update to your Fotopic site/s there is a thread entitled "Members Photo Sites" in the Photographic forum.

Sorry for repeating what DBT had already said. He obviously types faster than I do.

Last edited by swisstrains; 5th July 2008 at 22:40.