View Single Post
Old 11th June 2009, 11:25

Yes, that's the theory re payments by credit card - let's hope it works as I'm £390 out of pocket as it stands. The website suggests it'll take some time though.

Don't get me wrong - I'll miss Past-Time Rail with whom I've travelled many times over the years although The Marches Express was to have been the first for quite some time. Like other charter operators, I fear they have priced themselves out of the market. I've normally travelled Premier Class and taken my wife and what for us both we have spent on a day out by charter train, goes a good way towards a holiday or at least a more than decent short break away.

I'm not saying that it's necessarily the charter firms fault but I do think prices have got unaffordable for many. We went on a recent charter trip on an HST organised by the Cotswold Line Promotion Group to Torbay for £30 each first class. A comparable trip with a commercial charter company would have cost three times as much. I'm sure the CLPG managed special rates with First Great Western but it's a very big difference.