View Single Post
Old 7th January 2010, 09:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddington Ted View Post
I was most impressed when I visited the Dapol website yesterday to see the latest 00 gauge wagon ordered by Cotswold Steam Preservation, owners of 2807. This was just what I needed for the layout (I can't "do" my own wagons!) so needless to say I've already ordered one!
Despite the dreadful weather, the wagon has now arrived and, with a real coal layer to hide the Dapol plastic "chunk", is now in the cattle dock siding at Andoversford. (I must get round to building the cattle dock fencing but its a bit cold in the loft at the moment!). From an historical point of view, H Finch's son William, had taken over the business by around 1906 when wagons started to appear in his name. The coal business at Andoversford survived after the line closed as can be seen in the attached (depressing)photo taken in 1967.

The Southern Interloper in the fiddle yard is 31813 which was a recent second-hand purchase. Again, I have been lucky with the number as the actual loco has been recorded as working the Andover to Cheltenham line (MSWJR) via Andoversford on more than one occasion. I'm not sure when Us and Ns started working this route from Andover but is was probably around 1952 until the MSWJR closed in 1961.