View Single Post
Old 19th June 2017, 13:45

New documentary series looking for railway inspiration

Hello everyone,

I work for a company called Twofour - we are a TV production company based in Plymouth. We make the Yesterday/Science Channel (Discovery US) series 'Impossible Engineering' and we are now working on a spin off series just about railways and trains.

The aim of the show is to look at impressive railway engineering and trains around the world and to discover how they were designed and built. We already have a long list of potential subjects for the series, but as there have already been so many programmes made about railways I wanted to ask the forum if anyone has any slightly more left field suggestions?

We are looking for projects that were hugely challenging to build, offer ground breaking engineering/technology or presented a real game changer for the particular era. Of course as a TV show there needs to be something great to go and film where we can 'show and tell' just why this railway/train is so significant.

Are there any railways/trains (new or historic) that you feel haven't been given enough airtime? Or any spectacular locations you have visited that you think would make great TV?

All suggestions would be very welcome - but be warned, if you appear to be an expert on a particular subject, I may well come back to ask more questions to supplement my own very limited railway knowledge!

Emma