View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2015, 11:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeyar Wunby View Post
Hi Bobjork.

Thanks for an interesting post.

Nice to see your country's politicians have the b***s to introduce policies to limit the migrant tide, even though it does temporarily inconvenience Sweedish voters. Perhaps your citizens are unselfish enough to realise it is for the "greater good"?

Shame it could never happen here.

BW
Well, it depends on who you ask.
For me personally I think this is the wrong way. The only reason they decided this was because other countries in the EU just let people pass through and that had led to that Germany and Sweden, as they were following the EU laws, had to take care of almost all refugees. But they decided they could not take care of all and that they do not even know how many that have entered sweden or just passed through to Finland. It would have been better if all countries in Europe took responsibility for refugees.
Denmarks negative reactions is because they usually have let people through to seek asylum i Sweden, but now as Sweden will stop them in denmark that means that denmark have to take care of them. And I think that is also the reason for Sweden to pass this law. To force other countries to help as well. (Denmark have had 25.000 so far this year, Sweden have 100.000 the last couple of months)

Another problem with the law is that the government give the responsibility (and cost) for border control (even if they don't call it that) to bus- and train companies, instead of doing it themselves. And thats why the train companies choose not to go over the border.

I also think the new law will make people seek other ways to enter Sweden (like, via Norway) or hitch-hiking over the Öresund bridge. As soon as they are IN sweden they can seek asylum. (And refugees with an ID can also still enter Sweden).
I also think that all parties, except the ones that acually voted like their voters, that is, C, V and SD, will have a crisis among their voters who feel betrayed.