View Single Post
Old 13th August 2008, 12:30

Picture of Pendlebury etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbyteacup View Post
Hehe, thanks for the welcome Paul.

That ariel photo is really interesting, now I know basically how people got down to the station, it's always been something that was at the back of my mind.

It's also really cool to think that all used to be right outside my front door, I really wish it was still like that now. I'm not sure pacers have much use for the "fast lines" that used to exist there.

I think I had heard there was a station at Irlams o'th Height but that seems even more crazy than the Pendlebury one.

I had a vague idea that the Pendlebury station was of a similar design and construction to Swinton as the wall that remains right outside is of the same brickwork that Swinton is built from, and looks right out of place merged into the black wall.

It's right behind the bus stop under the trees, over the road from St. Augustines, incase you hadn't been aware it was still there (but I'm sure you where)

Any scans of photos would be very very appreciated should it not be too much trouble!
Hi there apologies for the delay in replying however I have come accross a fantastic picture of Pendlebury Station which I have obtained also a good one of Swinton - I just need to scan them and then I will get them on here - any clues on how I get them on this thread? The one of Pendlebury is taken from the bridge on Ethel Ave and is around late 1950's but a train is stopped there- anyway reply to this for best way to get them on here? Do I upload?