View Single Post
Old 15th August 2011, 00:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Fox Phil View Post
Friendly, happy, chatty informative forum and that is how we all like it. To share our hobby and points of interest with each other no matter how words are spelt as long as we understand each other!
Getting back to the point re other forums and their comments; everyone has to start somewhere before they became great, and I for one thought the blog was a very good start and carried loads of good stuff.
All I say is keep it up E-G Media its a service to all.
Keeping us informed can be done on this thread as every additional posting is emailed (if that is set up to inform members a new comment has been posted).
Many thanks
Hope to see more soon
Regards
Phil

I'm certainly glad to hear it. Thanks for informing me Phil

Mind you, if we're going to talk about errors, spelling is nothing compared to a debate regarding something I witnessed on the NYMR. I've had concerns about the condition of dormant locos and stock in the Grosmont area for some time, as many engines have been left open to the elements for many years. And when I mentioned the condition of WD 2-10-0 No 3672 "Dame Vera Lynn" (there WAS dispute about a spelling error, surprise surprise!), an NYMR volunteer seemed to do everything his his power to try and shoot down my efforts by pointing out where else I had gone wrong. And, not surprisingly, still is.

Thankfully, said volunteer seems to have been the only one with any serious complaints so far. And I've stated clearly enough that I have no intention of showing prejudice towards any preservation society; even if they show prejudice towards me!

As for future updates, I've been trying to write one review per week for the time being, but this is proving harder than it looks. I'm working on, what is now, last week's review at the moment. However, I will try and release two this week to make up for it.