View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2013, 09:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolution View Post
I agree Mad Carvanner, ....but do you know what? Something inside me says that (for the sake of one man's lowly wage instead of a machine.......at the crossing gates, no-one need have died). We must therefore thank the Lord that no-one on the train also died.
Level crossings were in the beginning..a cheap option for the railway. Cheaper than providing an under or overpass!

Second.....They later removed the crossing attendant and replaced him with an automated machine to make it even cheaper!

Now, they are blaming the public for misusing a flawed system that they have installed to cover their withdrawal of attendant staff at the site in order to maximise profits!

My position is: Let's do it properly shall we? High speed rail and level crossings....Don't Mix!.......

The big problem with todays Britain is that everyone is in too much of a rush very few people give themselves TIME to get where they are going and so drive like idiots to get anywhere on time even the pub

All they have to do is leave a few minutes earlier and RELAX when driving then people wouldn't do stupid things not just level crossing (BTW I agree with Resolution about jobs v machines) but undertaking and driving in the middle lane of a motorway etc.

BTW The train that hit the car was a HST and so is hardly damaged it was travelling at approx 100mph and was still on the rails looking at images I have seen only the nose and front coupling need attention - - - I shudder to think what a Voyager would have fared like if that had hit it

https://www.flickr.com/gp/grays_photos/6P1643