View Single Post
Old 13th April 2012, 05:27

Mmmh!.....Well, I don't know where to start really.

I'm 66yrs old now....so I've seen a few things. I've worked in several industries as an Electrical Engineer.
To start off with...The Private railway companies were knackered and dying BEFORE WW2! They entered it in poor shape, they were kept going during the war years by public money and virtual NATIONALISATION. It was an inevitable consequence after the war because the private railways were bankrupt! The owners snatched the governments hands off when they were offered good money for a dead investment!

The Labour Gov after the war had more pressing things on it's mind so did not invest in more modern traction other than new BR standard Steam (the workshops already existed for those and many other industries like the mines depended upon them).

Has with the much maligned motor industry, (who were also denigrated) were also responsible for the building the Spitfires, Hurricanes, Lancasters, tanks, Guns, Heavy artillery, etc, etc, etc ......That saved this Country! So did places like Crewe, Doncaster, Derby, Swindon Glasgow, and Eastleigh....

Yes...I mean the railway works!
Could YOU have turned around in those days and said: "Sorry you're ALL sacked"?
A civil war would have then ensued!

Civil industries that before the war were dying on their knees had life breathed into them and kept aloft by Nationalised public money. These were the people, many thousands of them, who had worked during the wars years to save this Country and the Labour Gov of 1945 was quite rightly NOT ready to now shoot them in the back by putting them all out of work just like the Tory 20 and 30's....

Now I agree, that the former car industries like Austin, Morris, Hillman, Humber, Triumph, Rover, Jaguar, who had ALL been involved massively in war work during the conflict AND had the living daylights bombed out of them because of it.......should have been slowly returned to private industry. But with regard to the people and their previous efforts.
Instead, all they got was a Tory Goverment who wanted to sack them all instantly!...

Now,....I don't think that was "fair treatment of a loyal workforce" ....do you?

Next: Industrial Action!

Yes, the..."Strike"

Now unless you have lived on another planet from me or something, and I suspect that that is the majority of Tory people.
IN ALL my lifetime! I have NEVER......EVER! heard from the Paper Rags! the Radio or TV media any REAL honest explanation of any Industrial dispute that there has ever been ever!

And if YOU are still being fooled by that tactic, then you'd better re-evaluate your views very quickly because YOUR world is soon going to change....DRASTICALLY!

How much more proof do you want? Other than to listen to the Tories who have who whilst giving themselves £40,000+ tax reduction (thanks to the "so called" Liberals) I, a pensioner have so far been hit 3 times to pay more tax this year!

Finally, Privitisation! That savior of the Nation....Which serves only to move the burden from "the Government" coffers to the "Consumer" of those "services". The Private owners of which have only their own private profit in mind. NOT....the benefit to the Nation!

Is YOUR GAS, ELECTRIC, WATER, PHONE ETC, ETC...bill smaller since the so called more "efficient" Privatisation?....I think NOT! If it is so, it's probably because the working people are having to work for LESS! Do you never think YOU may be next?

This Yanky led Experiment will never work, other than to drive working wages down!....... Worst than that however, it will lead us to a new age of global feudalism.

It seems futile of me now doesn't it to say that ...YES......I think that the railways SHOULD indeed be re-nationalised for the benefit of the nation.

They are MORE heavily subsidised NOW than EVER under BR....

If we carry on on this insane tory way we had better get our coolie hats and rickshaws ready..........

Last edited by Resolution; 13th April 2012 at 05:32.