View Single Post
Old 26th February 2008, 13:06

I suppose freight trains are treated like local services, in that a late running express train would have prioirty over another service which is running to time.[/QUOTE]

BUT why should this be,

Freight companies pay NR for our paths so what gives NR the right to give something away to someone else that has already been bought and paid for?.

To me there is nothing more annoying sitting in a siding or loop waiting for a late running passanger when I am on time and by the time I get away I too am late.

Example of this is,
I was working an Inverness-Mossend service one night, due to a late running sprinter I managed to get to Carrbridge to cross that service. When I got away I was approx 20mins early, I get to Kingussie and am held for the next passanger. On speaking to the signalman I am told " You are a wee bit early driver I am holding you for the wee passanger coming down from Dalwhinnie".
What he did'nt say was that passanger was half an hour late, So from 20 odd mins early arriving at Kingussie I was 30 mins late away, because signallers are not allowed to use their brain and run trains when they can.

Les