View Single Post
Old 11th April 2010, 20:51

had a bash on the 17.19 man vic blackpool north 180 last week as heard they were going,the train was busy,but loads of people piled on at salford central too,they have worked out the diagrams and know most of them can get a seat,can just see a 150 or 142 maybe coupled entering salford central on the same path-and see the scores of passengers trying to board,its a shame they are going,never quite understood why trains capable of 125 mph were used on stopping services tho,think the fastest it went was when it joined the west coast main line before preston and that was about for 5 minutes,do agree about northerns maintenance issues,dodgy seats,142 doors not opening properly etc,but i do find them reliable-compared with first north western and northern spirit-the latter was very unreliable,think whoever takes over will have problems tho due to the age of the dmus,just before northern started,i got the 17.06 man vic blackpool train operated by a 158[a nice train once]the platform staff had to shut the door with a shove,i was sat in the seat next to the door,the train stopped at farnworth[not a stop on its route]i then heard driver speaking to someone in his cab about a faulty door,i moved away from that seat straight away,wrote to railtrack -as then,about my concerns about newton heath depot,they assured me no train would leave the depot with a faulty door-yeah right,think they want to meet targets rather than take dmus out of service,for erm important maintenance.