View Single Post
Old 15th January 2009, 12:39

[B][I can see why so many people are anoyed and frustrated ,and put off by traveling by train because of the prices that are more mixed than pic and mix and so bloody confusing When me and my son went to washington last year we found this with our railfare ,first i went to our local staion where we live where i was told no more savers avaiable no day returns at all its all stoped only tickets are open returns so i priced the tickets from malton to heathrow airport open returns was quoted £474 pounds for 2 adults hmm i thought thanked him and came home luckily for us we are online and still in our modern age many folks still are not so i looked online found a ticket seller after checking around the net gave them a ring they quoted me £192 pounds the lot our tickets to kings cross and the tickets to heathrow as well could not belive the price from the one i was quoted at the station also my tickets were actually singles there and back as well as info about track maintenace on our return so we would have bus journeys from stevanege to peterborough to carry on our jourey home by rail which i did not mind especialy as they told me about it the bus trip was around 1 and a half hours but we were told and thats the thing realy with me if i had paid on the day the £474 pound price then got back from the states to be presented with a bus trip i would have been livid ,and also a rail ticket company online had more up to date info than my own local station and better value if the rail companys boxed clever now they could realy encouage more people on the trains because the buses are saturated now with the free bus pass people and pensioners which they are entitled to and its about time they got something back but the bus companys cram em on like sardines on minamel buses and some companys in york are taking out some bus services and routes because they take no money or are not subsidised enough so the railways could realy shine if they make the ticket system in laymens terms ?/B]