Thread: Station Cafes
View Single Post
Old 27th September 2006, 21:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Hicks
I have seen a quite classic looking area near the first northbound platform (think it had stylish coloured windows). I think it was a place you could get food and drink but I wasn't sure if it was open so I don't know what is in there. Situated near the vending machines.

While on the subject of the Vic Vending machines, they look quite dodgy, one was covered with a piece of cardboard, the other I later tried, after inserting money and pressing the button what I wanted the bottom part of the machine kept moving but nothing else was happening. So I didn't get my water. Wonder if these will get replaced.
If I remember correctly (which I probably don't ) the entrance to the old buffet was somewhere below the large Lancashire and Yorkshire mosaic tiled map.
I don't think we will ever have reliable vending machines in this country while there are people intent on abusing them. There is such a thing as a vending machine that works first time every time but they are few and far between in the U.K.
John.