View Single Post
Old 7th June 2008, 22:05

Pendlebury Station.

I've been doing research into Pendlebury train station. It does not exist anymore, however the main reason for my interest in this station is because the main station building more or less stood where I'm sat right now as I write this.

It was in Manchester, located on what is today that small branch line that links Salford Crescent station towards Wigan Wallgate, and was about three quaters of a mile before Swinton station which is still open.

Anyway, bit of a long shot but I just wondered if anyone remembers anything about this station or had any relatives etc. who did. I'm really eger to possibly see photographs or paintings of the station but I've never been able to come across anything.

The line and the station was fairly busy at one point before the line became the small branchline that it is now with two trains an hour.

The only remains of the station now is a wall right near my house which is part of the origonal station building which is an interesting thing, and the tracks still widen so you can see where the platform once stood when you look over the wall.

Danny