View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2010, 08:43
Registered Member

mobility scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by faltskog36abba View Post
according to the manchester evening news,motability scooters are too big for the new trams,therefore they are banning them from the network-including the older trams,i told my mother to leave hers at home today and had to use the push wheelchair,when on the tram a fella was on his scooter and said he intended to continue using it on metrolink..as its his only way of getting about,after 4 hours of pushing a wheelchair today,i can assure you i will be advising my mother to use hers again in future,of course its not advisable using one in rush hour,but surely disabled people have a right to travel?not everyone has someone to push them,an email to metrolink right away,
I use a mobility scooter but still drive and I'm able to transport my scooter in the back of my car. Having said that many scooter users have to use public transport and some provision should be made to accomodate them on the new trams. It may be advisable in some cases for the scooter user to be accompanied by a helper when using the new trams. The ban is just another stupid Health and Safety rule.

Last edited by locojoe; 2nd May 2010 at 08:49.