View Single Post
Old 11th March 2016, 21:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46232 View Post
Thanks for the link Tony, 8 hours in delays and £60k in fines brings home the extent of the problems caused. I doubt whether any that were involved in the trespass were genuine regular railway photographers, I've been out quite a bit myself over the years and rarely seen people on the wrong side of the fence, and never close to the running lines.

I think N.R.and B.T.P. need to get their act together before the next run as I don't see the problem going away in the short term.
Too late I'm afraid Ken - reports of people trespassing on track at Eaglescliffe during 'Flying Scotsman's light engine move from York-Grosmont.

BTP apparently "warning" people that if found trespassing they face going to court, up to £1000 fine & a criminal record, but they don't seem to be taking much action as yet.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/new...Moors_Railway/

I agree that the return of 'Royal Scot' has received far less coverage than 'Flying Scotsman' - I think the publicity & hype has been whipped up by the NRM and swallowed by the media at large as 'Flying Scotsman' is probably the most famous loco as known by the (non-enthusiast) general public. Whilst the publicity is good news in terms of getting the 'steam message' across to the general public, the trespassing has also brought negative headlines.

Tony