View Single Post
Old 4th March 2011, 00:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploughman View Post
Its quite likely I was there as I have been on a fair few relays in that area.
Either working with the dozer blading off the ballast surface to level or measuring in the new track as it got relaid.
Worked with the tampers as well.
I spent quite a lot of Saturday nights and Sundays on the Scarborough line.
We started at Strensall and worked our way down to the river at Malton, then upto Weaverthorpe and past the AHB xing by the golf club.
I did a stint at Seamer running the trains round in the loop from the down line onto the up.
The RR loop at Seamer would take 53SLU's if we got owt bigger I would go down to Scarborough and RR the train in the excursion platform where the turn table is .
We took the whole train down number 1 Platform and then shoved the train into the siding.
When the engine RR train it backed into number 1 platform and back upto Seamer.
Some Saturday nights there were 4 or 5 trains to deal with.
As I was the only Team member I could only be in one place at a time, and rushing never entered my head, it takes as long as it takes.
The long trains were the auto ballasters.
These trucks are massive when you are on the floor looking at them.
I was not trained on dropping stone from the AB's so they had to send someone out to do that job.
We signed on at 20:00hrs to travel out to Seamer and left the possession at 0600hrs to drive back to HM and sign off at 08:00hrs hence the name of BEV's cam to be.(or sooner.)