View Single Post
Old 24th November 2005, 12:13

Smile Hello from a cold Wiltshire.

Hi every one, were do you start? i found this web site in the Nov; Rail Express, so i thought i would give it a go, and what I've seen so far is OK.

i live in a town Calne, Wiltshire, England, if you like bacon you should know it, as this is were Harris bacon use to come from in time gone by and we did have a branch line to the town thanks to Harris family also, yes it's in GWR country. but no more thanks to Mr Beeching ??? its now a footpath to Chippenham!

my love of all things trains started as a boy growing up in and around Croydon & Norwood, Surrey. the period i tend to like is from the early 50's to the late 60's, you get the best of both worlds of BR, stream & diesel, but lets not forget electric as i am a southern boy at heart.

whilst serving in RAF for 22 years trains went on hold a little, since leaving i have jumped back in with both feet, and now enjoy it even more, i am a member of a preservation group & also a model railway club, modeling in N gauge. i hope this is a start of a good group and i look forward any emails from any one and hope i can pick a few brains from time to time, regards Martin