View Single Post
Old 21st September 2010, 23:08

sorry to read about the derailment,seen the clip too,doesnt surprise me tho,ive had a few problems on the eccles line,was on a tram at exchange quay and it had run past the signal-halting the tram,he then tried to reverse..tram failure,not only the tram but the road crossing it had cars lined up trying to cross-the tram wasnt blocking the line,it just sent the road signals out of sync,when you mentioned about the driver of your derailed tram-he wasnt trained to handle things in such a situation,well i think that is a disgrace,another time on the eccles line,the tram left cornbrook and failed on the elevated line for some 5 minutes or so,this young man became irate,shouting kicking the door of the drivers cab door,the driver rang control in a state and they said let him off on the elevated line,they were waiting for him at pomona[ghost stop],when the driver let the feller off,the driver was in such a state that he stood at the door and smoked a fag,he also told passengers they could too,when the tram did eventually pull in to pomona,no metrolink staff were there and below us,the very same young man was walking along the canal,i only seen this tram driver once again,no wonder he left,once upon a time metrolink had police boarding the trams..tut tut metrolink.