View Single Post
Old 6th September 2010, 00:52

PLEASE BE CAREFUL with where you spray/put SERVISOL. I speak from very unhappy past experience of the stuff. Having purchased a can I sprayed it on and in all sorts of contacts/switches/volume & tone controls. A great improvement in all cases. BUT! After about seven weeks I got a complaint from the Mother-in-law that there was a problem with their record deck. A plastic component had totally disintegrated. A few days later a socket on our TV set came away in my hand. Then my daughter complained that her Radio/Cassette wouldn't tune. Then a tranny radio lost a socket. The falling apart went on and on. Nothing that I had used the stuff on seemed to be immune. I reckon that a can of that stuff which I paid about 75p for (Mid 80's) cost me in the long run over £250. I can only repeat, BE CAREFUL. It has a chemical reaction with certain commonly found/used types of plastic which results in the plastic becoming crumb like after a while. As a switch/contact cleaner it works great but avoid getting it in contact with plastics at all costs.

Regards, 62440.