View Single Post
Old 4th April 2010, 18:43

Chipping & Much Binding

Hi Pete and Hi Tony,

Glad you like my efforts.

The layout is based on GWR practice and is set 'Somewhere south-west of Bristol' in 1946, just prior to nationalisation.

No I didn't buy everything in Dubai, I bought most of it in the UK and had it sent out to Dubai bit at a time. The only exception to this were my locos and ECoS controller which I hand carried back to Dubai after a vacation in UK. Most of my buying was done on the internet.

Trackwork is all Peco Code 55 with Electrofrog points. I have 20 locos in total which are a mix of Dapol and Graham Farish. Kings, Castles, Halls and several 0-6-0 tank locos plus a Peco Collett and a couple of 'Flying Banana' Diesel Railcars. All are DCC chipped. I have 2 Ixion Manors on order but that's another story. Point motors are Seep PM1s and are operated from a mimic panel via MASTERswitch units I bought from DCC Concepts in Australia.

Passenger stock is mostly Dapol and freight stock is again a mix of GF, Dapol and Peco. I also have quite a few N Gauge Society kits that have to be built yet. All together I have about £6,000 of gear that I have eventually shipped out here to China. Chinese Customs didn't know what to make of it all so it was just put down as 'Childrens Toys'. (No Duty).

That's about all I can think of for now but if you need more specific info. on anything just let me know.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.

Cheers for now,

Trevor
(aka Chinahand)