View Single Post
Old 29th March 2010, 13:13

Well as a now Ex-employee of Network Rail let me explain how thing's are done you may find this interesting, On the first day back after xmas break i was issued with a Form 1 again being disiplined for somthing that happened back last October. I was asked to cover for a collegue who was off sick an had a phone call at about 2200 hrs on the monday night just as i getting into bed. So being concious about the job i was doing i agreed to cover a week of nights working on a machine on 1 night in particular we had problems with the machine so i was checking the track behind for faults bearing in mind the worksite was flooded with ballast 4 foot an shoulders sleepers burried so we where ploughing ballast off the sleeper ends so as to be able to treat them. well i was charged with Gross Misconduct for that shift due to some broken sleepers, but was handed the Disiplinary on the 4th of Jan an 3 days later i resigned keeping all my skills an Qualifications an now work for a contractor an i feel so much better for getting out when i did but i FULLY AGREE WITH WHAT THIS STRIKE IS ALL ABOUT. Its stopping BULLY BOY TACKTICS of big business trying to change years of good practice which go back decades to the beginning of the railways those of you on here who go on about gettin off our lazy backsides have you ever had to shovel ballast whilst its driving with rain in the middle of nowhere whilst having to stand out for trains to pass i very much doubt it, it's your safety an all the travelling public is why the staff are going on strike so showing a little SUPPORT would go a long way.