View Single Post
Old 25th February 2010, 07:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48111 View Post
Dave I know you are not near me which is a shame, because in "MK" "up the road", we have a big Oriental Supermarket. When you walk in there it smells of spices and brings back memories of my visit to the far east. Everything from the far east is avaialable and a lot of it is labelled in Chinese but the staff print out the labels in English, all you have to do is ask.
They also do Japanese, Indonesian, Malay, Jamacian,Indian, it is brilliant place to go if you like spices and eastern food. 48111
I certainly do, Peter! There used to be a similar shop in Southsea some years back, but was the victim of an arson attack, and burnt down. No doubt there's something similar a little nearer than Milton Keynes! Funny thing - my next door neighbour popped in yesterday, and, not knowing anything about this thread whatsoever, happened to mention that he fancied a Nasi Goreng! He was a cook in the Royal Navy, and used to throw a huge Nasi Goreng together on board ship, he reckoned all the lads loved it, although he himself hates any/all seafood, fish, etc, and had to pick the prawns out! Strange coincidence; it's not every day that a Nasi Goreng pops into a conversation TWICE in a day...