View Single Post
Old 14th August 2009, 08:43

Lightbulb Its true!

This is serious stuff.
The reason for the two foot guage is that we want to leave enough space for the footpath and to ensure that no objections linked to this can be put forward.
When you say toy railway, you make it seem like a bad thing.
Think of the ffestiniog, welsh highland and bala lake railways for example.
These provide a great day out.
Standard guage has not been ruled out, but we want to have something special for this part of england. We do not want to encroach on the east lancashire railways territory.
It is early yet but we have our eyes on a south african garrat! It won't be such a toy railway then.
Whatever the outcome i will keep you posted on this.
Something I should mention is that the vintage pln flights at woodford came to nothing. I can't argue with BAE systems and the RAF.
Getting the national trust on our side however, is making progress. The vintage bus service from Higher poynton station into lyme park should be fine.
I have checked their terms and conditions regarding this on their website.

Some more good news is that there should be a meeting soon for supporters and representitaves. Nothing has been finalised but letters are going to be sent and we are hoping that it shall take place at one of the wilmslow methodist churches meeting rooms, one of which can seat 50 people. At this stage we are still rooting around for support and I and my colleague Lord millett are goning to walk the whole route from Rose hill marple to Bollington to assess structures and the condition of the trackbed.
After this has taken place we can give more information, but in the meantime if you have questions for me you are more than welcome to ask them.
PS dont ask the methodist church for information as the room has not been booked and so unless they have read this, don't know anything about it yet.