View Single Post
Old 16th June 2006, 00:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSY011
I use N Gauge because it allows me to have a fair size layout on a small base board. Had I the space, I would use 00 as there is a lot more available (although there is a good lot of N stuff now coming out), plus my eye sight is not what it was.
Syd
It's probably space which has tipped the balance in favour of N for me as well as you Syd. And, like you, my eyesight is going awry as well.

My main reason for trying this poll out was to get some kind of idea of how popular N had become, bearing in mind that folks maybe don't have as much spare space as they used to.

Which got me to thinking. There are a few firms which make OO models of prototypes which are very limited in terms of numbers or geographical distribution....Class 71/74, for instance. The firms will do it for OO, but will they do it for N? Given the penetration that N has at the moment, probably not.

There is no doubt that the available models in N have got better over the last few years...do you think that they will ever approach the current OO standard?