Thread: Midland Pullman
View Single Post
Old 10th October 2008, 10:57
Station Manager

KD,

Thanks for taking my post in a positive spirit.

When I did my calculations last night I had just come in from a meeting and did everything in my head as a quick reply. When I looked at the figures again I realised I had dropped a '0'! : £150,000-£200,000 should of course read £1,500,000 - £2,000,000! This is based on a cost price per unit £350 ex VAT. x 5,000 = £1,750,000.

I arrived at this figure by taking the Jan 2008 price for the New Hornby HST Power car and dummy unit and adding 4 standard Hornby pulman coaches which gives about £280, there has been a price rise since!

Yesterday I was looking at the new Dapol spine wagons which are stunning, so Dapol might be a good bet and you might be able to go back to 2,500 units.

It will be interesting to see how the Kernow "Thumpers," from Dapol looks and how much they are. They are due sometime next year.

As far as the Hattons/Heljan Class 14 is concerned it looks to me as if there is approx 50% mark up on the price I would expect to pay for a normal production model of a loco of this size.

On the up side the NRM have now sold 4,000 Deltics. I believe the next batches will be sound and weathered.

I am not sure about buying a BP myself: 1. Cost. 2. It doesn't fit in with my layout. 3. I have a very long list of other wants!

Best wishes,

John H-T.