Thread: Hi from me
View Single Post
Old 30th September 2008, 19:34

Hi guys and thanks so much for the warm welcomes

Trust me as long as you have a few roubles in your pocket you wont get arrested for anything here in Moscow!! It's the bribe capital lol! I will actually have to get my camera out sometime and show you all some sights of Moscow's railway especially in the winter snow.

The weather here is really not quite as bad as people make out. This is going to be my 3rd winter here now and although yes it can sometimes get down to -30c that's not all that common and it usually hangs around anything from 0 to -10c What you must remember is that it's a dry cold so no damp to eat away at your bones and I actually used to suffer more in the UK than I do here but then again here in Moscow you do dress properly and their clothes are really made for these temperatures. Contrary to popular belief the summers here are actually hotter than back in the UK and dryer too. You could say the weather and seasons are exactly the same in Moscow as UK but more extremes, ie colder in winter and hotter in summer.

Once again thanks for the welcomes and I can see I'm going to enjoy my time here.

John