View Single Post
Old 4th May 2008, 18:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolution View Post
.............. I've downloaded it for my screensaver, hope you don't mind. ..................
No problem Res. Glad you like the photo.

Quote:
What year was that? Can't remember when we last had so much snow!
The photo was taken on 10/12/1981. Here’s another taken on the same day where it looks like it might actually be starting to snow again.
25236.jpg
It must have been a particularly cold spell because the snow was still on the ground two weeks later (Christmas Eve) when I took this shot.
55009_1.jpg

Quote:
The area by the way Swiss trains is really; ...."Lowton". er...(how can I put this) "Low" as in little, not "low" as in Allow; like BBC Radio tends to pronounce it.....
Talking of Lowton, I believe there was a station there on the Wigan line just across the fields from the monument but it was before my time. However, I do remember Lowton St Mary’s station a few miles away. We used to cycle from there to Pennington Flash to go fishing.

Quote:
P.S. If you'd like any of the pics let me know and I'll send them to you. The origionals are @ 10 megapixels........
Thanks for the kind offer Res but I think the photos you have already posted are perfect.