Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Diesel & Electric Discussion (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   woodhead diesals (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=8996)

37260 27th December 2010 13:01

woodhead diesals

does any member have any photos to put up on the forum showing diesal power over the late woodhead route or any dmu pictures during the last year when diversions from the hope valley route took place on winter sundays or any thing woodhead related ie drivers tales or ex signalmen etc may thanks 37260

Madcaravanner 30th December 2010 13:05

Sorry I can't help you
I last visited Sheffield Victoria when the station was closed so all we saw were double header 76's on coal trains and of course being a school boy then didn't have a camera as I should have been in school

Got a couple of nice Master Cutler coach seating plans ( two pieces of green card with seat numbers etc x2) from our visit as they were just about to burn them

37260 30th December 2010 17:03

thanks anyway for your time. hope someone else can help,

Wakey spotter 31st December 2010 15:56

I`ve got a couple of old pics of diesels under the 1500dc lines I took around 1980/81.
One shows 2 Class 08 shunt locos in tandem hauling a set of 16 tonne coal wagons. The other is a Class45 light loco !!! The pics are fairly small kodak prints and slightly faded last time I looked at them. They were taken aprox 5miles (ish) west of Wath.
Also got a couple of pics of Class 76`s on Wath Depot.
Will try and dig them out and scan them to my PC then post. Not sure if they will be much good though.
Know a few Guys who worked on the Woodhead line so got a few tales !!!
Chris :)

Madcaravanner 31st December 2010 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wakey spotter (Post 57155)
I`ve got a couple of old pics of diesels under the 1500dc lines I took around 1980/81.
One shows 2 Class 08 shunt locos in tandem hauling a set of 16 tonne coal wagons. The other is a Class45 light loco !!! The pics are fairly small kodak prints and slightly faded last time I looked at them. They were taken aprox 5miles (ish) west of Wath.
Will try and dig them out and scan them to my PC then post. Not sure if they will be much good though.

Are you sure that wasn't one of the class 13's from Tinsley ???

37260 31st December 2010 17:34

thanks for that look forward to those. look forward to hearing any tales woodhead related.

Wakey spotter 31st December 2010 20:14

Hiya "Madcaravanner" ! It deffo was 2 x Class 08`s.
"37260" After the drinks session is over tonight and tomorrow aft I will dig them out !
Have a Great New Years Eve n Very Best Wishes for 2011 :)
Chris ( Logging off now to make merry with a jug of Ale lol )

37260 31st December 2010 20:59

all the best to you all. have a great 2011. happy new year everyone.

HM181 1st January 2011 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wakey spotter (Post 57155)

I have pics of the HM Snow plows, coverd in snow on the
L and Y side of Penistone Station, taken on the 26th of January 1984.
I have also an entry in my NUR Diary of 1984 showing where we went with the plows that day.
On the following day all jobs were caped at HM as a result of the snow.
Also 2 pics of 2 lectric engines taken from the steps into Wath Yard from Station Road, Wath.
These pics were taken in July of 1979, also pics of a Class 47 coming from Beatson Clarkes Glass Works enroute to Wath Yard, after detaching some sand hoppers at the Glass works.
After Wath shut, HM crews worked into Wath Yard to service the pits around this location.EG Dovecliffe,Manvers Main, Michells Main and Hickelton on the S and K.
Also we lifted the track in and around Wath from Quarry Junction right to Wath Road Junction, then upto Barnsley Junction to Penistone Station.

37260 1st January 2011 20:17

this sounds good any chance of these being put up on the forum as i would like to see them. many thanks 37 260