Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Railway Modelling (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Kit Building Group (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=7144)

Belmont Road 10th March 2010 17:44

Kit Building Group

Following some discussions on this forum would anyone be interested in a model railway kit group to share information.

With RTR so good now this may not be wanted but from my experience people still like to build things.

Mendipman319 10th April 2010 23:24

i think i see what you mean and if im right i like it and would be happy to do so. Are you thinking of a (for example a yahoo) group that shares information about kits and scratchbuilds they are doing? And also suggestions they have for others, eg: dont do this or that because it will ruin your day.

Belmont Road 11th April 2010 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mendipman319 (Post 45350)
i think i see what you mean and if im right i like it and would be happy to do so. Are you thinking of a (for example a yahoo) group that shares information about kits and scratchbuilds they are doing? And also suggestions they have for others, eg: dont do this or that because it will ruin your day.

Thanks for the response I don't know if we can set this up on this site. But I would like to try.

Mendipman319 11th April 2010 18:01

well it would be great to try and there are many other places a group like that could operate (no im not talking about other forums). It would aid a lot of people not so much me but i would still "spread knowledge" as all my kit building for now is done. I hope it works out.
MM319

John H-T 11th April 2010 20:53

I think it would be a great idea. I have a couple of kits ready waiting to build but no time at present. I would like to think there would be a group within this Forum to answer any questions I may have and share ideas with when I do start work on them.

Best wishes.

John H-T.

craw 11th April 2010 21:49

I would agree with previous posts and think it would be a assest to the
novice builders like myself.Most of my building are ready built but finances
now dictate and have a few Superquick to build.
Also the knowledge of scratch building i.e. materials etc would be of great help.
Sorry for rambling on abit.
John

DSY011 11th April 2010 22:40

I'm for model railway kit group as well. I have never built any rolling stock kits and could use help and advice.

Belmont Road 12th April 2010 09:36

How do we do it on this site do I need to contact the manager?

ccmmick 12th April 2010 10:42

We used to have a fitter at St Blazey and he scratch built all his models very good they were to.
We also had a wagon checker before Tops and he built 5" gauge working steam locos plus track around the garden they were very impressive i would like to know where they are now.

ccmmick.

Belmont Road 26th April 2010 20:08

If anyone's interested I have posted a kit built coach on the gallery. It is a Comet Kit not bad to build but the Comet instructions are not always correct!!