Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Diesel & Electric Discussion (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   london underground (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=6530)

railwaybuddy 8th January 2010 21:57

london underground

who has been on the london underground lately

what do you think of it down there on the electric trains:rolleyes:

loud:eek:
small:mad:
crowed:(

i would like to here your views on there

ccmmick 8th January 2010 22:39

Yes i go to London on a regular basis to see my Daughter in Chingford and yes the underground is loud small and crowded that depends on what time of day but it is still the best way to get across London but dont try it on Sundays due to engineering work.

ccmmick.

Anon Mouse 8th January 2010 22:59

Depends where you go, I love Chalfont & Latimer to Chesham on the Metropolitan, its always quiet on that run :)

klordger1900 8th January 2010 23:42

The central line trains between Liverpool St and Mile End make a heck of a racket on the curves. There must be a lot of wear going on down there??

bramleyman 8th January 2010 23:52

I last went on it in October and between Kings X & Waterloo, and yes it was noisy, as well as crowded with many standing by the doors, rather than in the middle of the train, in case they missed their stops.

Normally, I would use Thameslink to London Bridge, then the LUL, BUT, on this day we boarded a Thameslink train at KGX, only for it not to move after 10 minutes, and NO reason given out.

railwaybuddy 9th January 2010 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by klordger1900 (Post 38214)
The central line trains between Liverpool St and Mile End make a heck of a racket on the curves. There must be a lot of wear going on down there??

bank is the worst:(

you need ear defenders

railwaybuddy 9th January 2010 12:14

top tip :confused:

when ever you on the underground go to the ends of the train (if you can):D
it is more easy to get on there because people get on in the middle to get near the entance/exit of the platform to the stairs.

note: this will depend on how many people are down there

railwaybuddy 9th January 2010 12:18

the new air condition in the trains make the trains cooler and the platforms, stairs and the wind when the train comes in are much hotter.

not a very good idea

48111 9th January 2010 12:44

Well do you know, I have not been on the underground for about 15 years, I used to use the Circle line frequently at one time, but dont go in to London now.

I have always liked the underground though, admitting I was not an every day user.

klordger1900 9th January 2010 19:55

Try the Jubilee line from stratford to Canary Wharf - they have glass screens at the edge of the platforms where doors open at the same time as the trains. It keeps the drafts down and also stops people jumping onto the rails (maybe thats something to do with the Financial sector employing some pretty unstable types - I wonder why the credit crunch was so bad??)