Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Railway Modelling (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   bachmann class 70 (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=9224)

railwaybuddy 14th February 2011 13:49

bachmann class 70

I have just got my bachmann class 70 and it is fab:D
it has directional lighting and cab lighting on the underside it has 3 switches and you can switch the lights off which is fab
has high detail and sprung buffers

who has one?

John H-T 14th February 2011 15:10

1 Attachment(s)
We have just had one in at the EVRA shop at Wirksworth. Looks fantastic.

The EVRA shop at Wirksworth now stocks Bachmann at very compeditive prices. We have also commisioned a Bachmann Wagon in partnership with The Mickleover Model Railway Group to celebrate the opening, see below.

Best wishes,

John H-T.

saxokid 15th February 2011 03:40

Just picked mine up from Haslington models,realy pleased with it......

railwaybuddy 18th February 2011 15:32

last night i took my class 70 down to my local railway club (Harlow Railway Circle) for a good run and it is lovely and smooth plus very quiet.
we turned all the lights off in the room and the head lights plus cab and tail lamps looked fab. I highly recommend this loco and will buy another

ACE 21st February 2011 19:32

Definitely something about them, in an unconventional type of way, hope to 'add' one sooner than later...

hornby:) 25th February 2011 20:22

Hi
i have been looking to buy this model but i have hornby select dcc will it work on it
hornby:)

John H-T 25th February 2011 20:41

Welcome to the Forum Hornby.

I believe that the Hornby Select is not NMRA certificated and you may therefore have problems with other DCC systems. The Hornby Elite is NMRA certificated and therefore you should not have any problems with that controler used with Bachmann Locos and you can connect you Select to the Elite as a second controller.

On a positive note I recently bought a Hornby GNR 0-6-0T with a factory fitted DDC chip. It worked perfectly with a Bachmann Dynamis system and accepted a four digit address code.

Best wishes,

John H-T.

hornby:) 25th February 2011 21:21

thanks i need a new diesel train so i will have to look at hornby products
hornby:)

Barry Of Blackrod 14th March 2011 22:27

Class 70

Just arrived on my layout. Good looking and a good runner.I have just converted it to DCC, A bit of a pain to get inside it as the screws that hold the top on are well under the bogies. I run stone trains on my layout and on test in could haul 8 full stone hoppers,thats one less than a 66 and three less than an Hornby 60. So the best model diesel is still Hornbys Class 60. in my opinion

farren 18th March 2011 15:56

if it dose not work bay a hornby chip and fit it in sould be ok, the select is emc and not nmra certificated.( i run a dynamis system and have all sorts of chips runing in the locos and on the lay out all seem fine with me.) well you are baying the chip get the bachmann 21to 8 pin converter thing as the class 70 is 21 pin only and hornby are 8 pin or you could get the hornby sapphire decoder which is 21 pin but cost more. hope you have fun with it