Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Say Hello (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I'm Back (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=760)

DSY011 5th December 2006 21:59

I'm Back

Hi guys ;)
I'm back from my little trip to India. Sorry to have to inform you that I did not even see a train let alone take photos of one. Due to work commitments it was not possible to go off to see trains. Although I crossed over a Indian broad gauge line every day I never saw a train on the track. India is 5 1/2 hours ahead of the UK and as we had to work to UK times, we had to start work at 13:30 and work through to 00:30 on an early shift and from 14:30 and work through to 01:30 on a late shift. :mad: We then travelled back to the hotel arriving at 02:15 and had a meal from room service. Went to bed round about 03:00 to 03:30. On our day off, we were not aloud to go out on our own for safety reasons, and as I was the only male with 5 of the lets go shopping type :( , I did not stand a chance, no matter how many hints I dropped. Sorry to have let you all down, but the trip was very good work wise.:)
Syd

Trev 5th December 2006 22:12

Welcome home Syd!

A mate of mine had to go out to New Delhi for his company a couple of years ago, and lived in almost exactly the same way that you did. Not allowed to go out of the hotel unless it was by car, and no contact with the locals. And not one view of a train either. :(

swisstrains 5th December 2006 22:18

Welcome back Syd.:)
Pity about the trains but you can't have everything.
It sounds like you need to have a rest now that you're home.
Put your feet up and have a browse through the threads.:D

GWR9600 6th December 2006 08:27

Thats a shame, I hadnt realised that India was so dangerous.

DSY011 6th December 2006 21:52

Hi GWR9600
India is not any more dangerous than Bristol or Leeds or London, its just that the company insurance have these rules for people working in far off places. All the Indian people I met were very friendly and far more respectful than a lot of people in this country.
Syd

John H-T 6th December 2006 21:56

Welcome back Syd. Hope you enjoy catching up with all the threads!

John.

locojoe 6th December 2006 23:36

Welcome home Syd, did you have any nice hot curry whilst in India.
Alan Locojoe.

martin adamson 7th December 2006 10:57

Hi Syd, welcome back.

DSY011 7th December 2006 19:56

They don't go in for curry much in India, but I did have a lot of hot and some very hot meals over there. The lamb dishes are fantastic, and the sea food, supreme. Unfortunately the KFC's, McD's, Deep Pan and other such like outfit are very in your face out there and a lot of kids are going for that rubbish.
Syd

locojoe 7th December 2006 21:30

I think the mc'donalds crap is being sold to young people all over the world and kids are going off traditional cooking, whether it be Yorkshire pud or onion bhaji (is that how they spell it).
Alan Locojoe.