Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Say Hello (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   York Railfan (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=10226)

class48nswfan 28th October 2011 18:07

York Railfan

Hi
I live in York and have just joined this forum.

My main rail interests are:
  • Minsters Rail Campaign - re-opening the Beverley to York railway line
  • Australian diesels especially New South Wales 48 Class and Victorian B class.
  • Great Eastern and railways in East Anglia
  • Photographing all aspects of UK rail
  • I am building my first model railway - Australian diesel although an 03 shunter is a definite possibility!

Looking forward to some intersting discussions. I am also interested in rail capacity and timetabling and railways in the political arena.
Dave

DSY011 28th October 2011 19:16

Hello Dave and welcome to the Railway Forum.

Silver Fox Phil 28th October 2011 19:55

Hi from me too Dave and a warm welcome. Hope to see the results of your hobbies and look forward to the GE and all things Anglian.
Regards
Phil

pre65 28th October 2011 20:06

Hi Dave, welcome aboard.

As I'm only about 3/4 mile from the old Stour Valley line (Stoke) I will be interested to hear anything you have to say about East Anglian lines.

G6 UXU 28th October 2011 20:12

Hello Dave and welcome to the forum, enjoy and all the best.

class48nswfan 29th October 2011 10:18

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I should also add to that I am trying to update and expand any information on railways on Wikipedia. So far I have contributed on:
  • Felixstowe Branch (and stations)
  • Framlingham Branch
  • Aldeburgh Branch
  • Ipswich Engine Shed
  • St Johns station (Lewisham where I used to live)
  • Greenwich Park
  • D2950-D2952 dock side shunters

If any of you get a chance to read and want to add or correct anything within these entries either drop me a line or become a Wikipedia contributor!

Dave

Flying Pig 29th October 2011 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by class48nswfan (Post 64666)
I am also interested in rail capacity and timetabling and railways in the political arena.

Hi Dave & welcome to the forum. That little lot should produce some lively debate.....just don't get me started on railways & politics, Grrrrrrr ;)

Best wishes,

John FP

class48nswfan 29th October 2011 13:41

Politically the railways have always been a second class citizen in the UK. i find it curious that Transport Minister is not one of the top jobs and is filled by either people going up or coming down to/from higher things. We have been lucky in that Adonis and, after a shaky start Hammond proved to be excellent home secretaries and I am hoping HS2 will be built. Lets hope the new appointee will follow two class acts.
Dave

John H-T 29th October 2011 21:18

Welcome to the Forum Dave.

I hope that the posts on the posts on this Forum are more acurate than those on Wikipedia, well most of them! Hell is likely to freeze over before I contribute to Wikipedia, but then one should never say never!

Best wishes,

John H-T.

class48nswfan 30th October 2011 00:34

John
think of all the useful knowledge you could contribute to expand and improve Wikipedia! Its not perfect - it would be helped by not having open access editing but having a definite log in protocol.
Regards

Dave