Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Railway Modelling (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Bachmann announce 2013-14 Range (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=12030)

John H-T 10th March 2013 12:58

Bachmann announce 2013-14 Range

The new announcements from Bachmann for the next two years are at: http://www.bachmann.co.uk/

Highlights, for me are: Stanier Mogul, Midland 1F half cab, LMS Inspection Saloon, pipe and tube wagons and BR grain wagons. Had expected the LMS to take a back seat after all the recent, and still to come, goodies. Happily I was wrong!

SR fans get the LB&SCR E4 and SE&CR Bird Cage Stock and the is a 64XX Auto Pannier and BR Auto coach for the GWR. LNER get retooled Thomson Coaches and new chassis for V3.

A Wickham Trolley makes a nice little addtion. Should look good scuttling around the layout

Modern Image get a retooled Cl 24/1, new tooling for Cl 43 Warship and MK 2 Air Con Coaches plus a good selection of wagons.

Also quite a bit for the Graham Farrish Range for N gauge enthusiasts.

Have to say it is a much more useful selection for the average modeller compare to Hornby's 2013 offerings!

Best wishes,

John H-T.

Tony 10th March 2013 21:01

Looking forward to the N gauge Auto Pannier and Autocoach although it is to appear in every livery except brown and creme (shame).

Madcaravanner 10th March 2013 21:54

I'm trying to work out how I can persuade a certain someone to get me the half cab

Tony 11th March 2013 18:08

Hi Gray,
Sorry mate, too late now for a big card and mountain of goodies for Mothers Day!!!!
Regards, Tony.

John H-T 11th March 2013 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony (Post 75171)
Hi Gray,
Sorry mate, too late now for a big card and mountain of goodies for Mothers Day!!!!
Regards, Tony.

Doubt it will be out untill the end of next year so Gray you have plenty of time for the softning up process - Birthday, Christmas and Mother's Day 2014!

Actually I think Bachmann are trying to bankrupt me with all the LMS goodies they keep on producing. The painted samples of the L&Y tank, the Midland 4F and the Porthole staock look stunning and I feel really sorry for those people who bought the Hatton's version of 10000/1. Bachmann really seemed to have nailed it. The Hattons version never looked quite right to me.

Best wishes,

John H-T.

Madcaravanner 12th March 2013 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony (Post 75171)
Hi Gray,
Regards, Tony.

:D:D
Already done as it was her birthday on the 7th going out to Japanese All You Can Eat in Chesterfield this Saturday too

Silver Fox Phil 12th March 2013 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madcaravanner (Post 75193)
:D:D
Already done as it was her birthday on the 7th going out to Japanese All You Can Eat in Chesterfield this Saturday too

Hope you both enjoy your evening Gray.
Good luck with the softening process.
p.s. Good looking models from Bachmann too.

Cheers
phil

Toddington Ted 12th March 2013 21:53

For me, the 64xx Pannier is the only one I'd really go for, having a GWR-themed layout. However, the little Midland half-cab may be too good to miss as well!

Madcaravanner 12th March 2013 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toddington Ted (Post 75206)
For me, the 64xx Pannier is the only one I'd really go for, having a GWR-themed layout. However, the little Midland half-cab may be too good to miss as well!

Listed for pre-order at Rails of Sheffield at
£67.79 for the 1F
£70.99 for the 3F
£65.41 for the 64xx

to be honest not as expensive as I was expecting

John H-T 14th March 2013 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madcaravanner (Post 75208)
Listed for pre-order at Rails of Sheffield at
£67.79 for the 1F
£70.99 for the 3F
£65.41 for the 64xx

to be honest not as expensive as I was expecting

Pre-order prices from the EVRA shop at Wirksworth will be the same based on the current prices.

Best wishes,

John H-T.