Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Railway Modelling (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Cofton Park my New OO Layout. (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=3348)

david1943 18th November 2008 10:42

Cofton Park my New OO Layout.

Hi There, I have just updated my Website with pictures of my new OO Gauge Layout if there is anyone wishing to take a peek it can be found at the following link.

Thank You.

David.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~oldshutterbug

G6 UXU 18th November 2008 15:58

Excellent job David, I am starting mine shortly, I have got most of the things I need now after a couple of months buying on Ebay and I sure got some bargains. All the best.

paul miller 18th November 2008 16:10

Fabulous job David.
I was in Australia a few years ago and was amazed just how much British outline stuff was in the model shops.
You should be proud of Cofton Park,
Paul.

swisstrains 18th November 2008 18:40

Great looking layout David. The photos are magazine quality. Do you have a track diagram of Cofton Park?

david1943 19th November 2008 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by G6 UXU (Post 21019)
Excellent job David, I am starting mine shortly, I have got most of the things I need now after a couple of months buying on Ebay and I sure got some bargains. All the best.

Hi there Chris thanks for looking and good luck with your new layout I am sure it will keep you happy for a long time.

David.

david1943 19th November 2008 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul miller (Post 21020)
Fabulous job David.
I was in Australia a few years ago and was amazed just how much British outline stuff was in the model shops.
You should be proud of Cofton Park,
Paul.

Hello there Paul thank you for the kind remarks and for looking, pleased you could visit good ol Oz and yes there is a lot of OO Gauge stuff over here and I find at pretty good prices.

David.

paul miller 19th November 2008 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by david1943 (Post 21046)
Hello there Paul thank you for the kind remarks and for looking, pleased you could visit good ol Oz and yes there is a lot of OO Gauge stuff over here and I find at pretty good prices.

David.

I have a mate who lives in Hornsby, north of Sydney. He went in 1966, and we had to send photographs of each other so we did'nt walk past each other at the airport. We climbed the harbour bridge together and the years just rolled back. Very special time.
We also went to Melbourne and Perth whilst we where there. Beautiful country, fabulous people.
Coming back to the layout, did you do the photography? They are superb.
Paul.

david1943 19th November 2008 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by swisstrains (Post 21026)
Great looking layout David. The photos are magazine quality. Do you have a track diagram of Cofton Park?

Hi there John thank you for the kind remarks and for looking, I will scan a track plan of the layout later today.

David

david1943 19th November 2008 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul miller (Post 21051)
I have a mate who lives in Hornsby, north of Sydney. He went in 1966, and we had to send photographs of each other so we did'nt walk past each other at the airport. We climbed the harbour bridge together and the years just rolled back. Very special time.
We also went to Melbourne and Perth whilst we where there. Beautiful country, fabulous people.
Coming back to the layout, did you do the photography? They are superb.
Paul.

Hi there Paul, I know Hornsby quite well and was pleased to hear you had a good time in Oz, ha ha one of the few to climb the Harbour Bridge great I have never done it.

Regarding the lighting of the layout it is located in a 10ft x 5ft steel shed, I lined the inside walls with 1 inch thick Styrofoam sheet that is used for refrigeration this was painted white, I have one 2 foot and one 3 foot Fluorescent Light that gives me a nice bright place to work with the advantage of having good reflective light for photographs no flash necessary, the camera was a well used Lumix FZ5 set to aperture priority f8 and I used the self timer and let the camera do its own thing, how digital has made things easy these days.

David.

John H-T 19th November 2008 22:34

Great set of photos David. Thanks for the link.

Best wishes,

John H-T.