Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Railway News from around the World (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Train driver forgot to make stop (BBC News) (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=7166)

springs branch mickey 13th March 2010 10:24

That is because of the obsession of accountability which blights everyday activities.
something happens- therefore somebody must pay.:(
mickey

Kasane 14th March 2010 03:30

So what happens when a train stops when it shouldn't - I can remember one time being on a HST 125 from Swansea on the way to London.

The train stopped at signals at West Reading.... people were hopping off one after another. Lots of announcements requiring them to stay on.... but who needs to go all the way to Reading when you can be home in five minutes and have the kettle on!

Deathbyteacup 14th March 2010 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasane (Post 43838)
So what happens when a train stops when it shouldn't - I can remember one time being on a HST 125 from Swansea on the way to London.

The train stopped at signals at West Reading.... people were hopping off one after another. Lots of announcements requiring them to stay on.... but who needs to go all the way to Reading when you can be home in five minutes and have the kettle on!

Well assuming everyone got off before the signal cleared and the train secured, probably nothing, otherwise, maybe a slight delay.

Quite funny that though. :D sadly can't do this now slam-door coaches are going out of use. (unless you live on the east coast of course).

Anon Mouse 14th March 2010 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathbyteacup (Post 43839)
Well assuming everyone got off before the signal cleared and the train secured, probably nothing, otherwise, maybe a slight delay.

Quite funny that though. :D sadly can't do this now slam-door coaches are going out of use. (unless you live on the east coast of course).

Ah but there is CDL (Central Door Locking) unfortunatly! and also the modern issuie of 'Insurance'. A few months ago I was stuck at a signal at Trafford Park and two guys wanted to get on, but control would not authorise it.....

ccmmick 14th March 2010 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anon Mouse (Post 43842)
Ah but there is CDL (Central Door Locking) unfortunatly! and also the modern issuie of 'Insurance'. A few months ago I was stuck at a signal at Trafford Park and two guys wanted to get on, but control would not authorise it.....

Going back many years Grampound Road was shut by beeching a lady traveling from Truro wanted to get out at Grampound Road so the driver and guard stopped for her, the station was all locked up so she had to climb over the fence to get out and hurt her leg there was hell over it they both got into trouble for stopping.

ccmmick.

Bubblewrap 14th March 2010 17:10

Good job it wasn't Paddington. :p:eek::eek:

Anon Mouse 15th March 2010 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubblewrap (Post 43853)
Good job it wasn't Paddington. :p:eek::eek:

Yeah I doubt the patrons in the Sushi Bar would appreciate a full HST ploughing through! lol ;)

Bubblewrap 15th March 2010 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anon Mouse (Post 43879)
Yeah I doubt the patrons in the Sushi Bar would appreciate a full HST ploughing through! lol ;)

It would also make a mess of "The Lawn":eek:

Dave Rowland 15th March 2010 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anon Mouse (Post 43879)

Best thing that could happen to a Sushi Bar, if you ask me. Yuccchhhh. :D

ccmmick 15th March 2010 09:07

It would be more of a shame if The Mad Bishop and Bear pub at Paddington Station was destroyed.

ccmmick.