Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Passenger Operations and Observations (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Maximum DMU Length (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=5806)

ccmmick 10th October 2009 01:24

Bring back engines and coaches and scrap all the voyagers and pendolinos.
ccmmick.

Scott V 12th October 2009 02:16

Thanks for your "constructive" feedback Pesmo & Axe. I will update this blog as we progress further.

Cheers

Scott

John_142 12th October 2009 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccmmick (Post 33440)
Bring back engines and coaches and scrap all the voyagers and pendolinos.
ccmmick.

Please watch what you say about Voyagers...:)

62440 12th October 2009 13:53

:mad:Voyagers? Terrible!:mad: I went from Derby to Darlington (132 miles) and back with one each way.The continuous engine noise gave me a headache both ways, and as for the recycled "conditioned" air, I was glad to get out and breathe diluted diesel fumes! It'll be a long time before I use that route again, I'll get over to Grantham and travel in a mark 4 coach next time.
Cheers, 62440.:mad:

ccmmick 12th October 2009 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_142 (Post 33551)
Please watch what you say about Voyagers...:)

A pile of crap went to Preston a couple of years ago from St Austell i was glad to get off the dam thing.
Coming home i went via London spent the afternoon there then caught the last one home a longer journey but what the hell.
ccmmick.

John_142 14th October 2009 15:28

Nah nowt wrong with em the engine noise is all part of there charicter and apart of the enjoyment of traveling on them well thats what I find anyway went to London from Chester on one the other week with the boss and I enjoyed every minute of it not sure if she shared the excitment though the SMR train back was even better though.

ccmmick 14th October 2009 17:00

Whats wrong with them
Vibration uncomfortable and cramp for long journeys beep beep beep every now and then, i would rather ride on a class 67 and the bloke who designed them at alstom should have been shot for those who have never ridden on them its like riding on the ballast.
ccmmick.

Deathbyteacup 14th October 2009 18:25

I have to admit I have a particular distaste for Voyagers too, too noisy and uncomfortable, seats are shite, they shake too much. DMU's are just wrong for long distances.

Mk3 / Mk4 stock any day of the week for me. Or even a Pendo.

ccmmick 14th October 2009 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathbyteacup (Post 33637)
I have to admit I have a particular distaste for Voyagers too, too noisy and uncomfortable, seats are shite, they shake too much. DMU's are just wrong for long distances.

Mk3 / Mk4 stock any day of the week for me. Or even a Pendo.

Here Here i cant agree with you enought.
ccmmick.

62440 14th October 2009 18:52

If I'm travelling I don't pay out good money to be suffering for the rest of the day with headaches! The vibration can be relentless at certain speeds, some of 'em are starting to show their age and rattles are appearing from loose fittings which when you suffer from partial hearing loss as I'm starting to makes holding conversations difficult and the engine note in the background don't help in that respect. Mk3 or 4 stock for me any day. Even the old Mk1's are quieter as we found last Saturday.
Cheers, 62440.